Wednesday, October 14, 2009

While the paint dried, we.....

.....sang out in the hallway (good acoustics), hung out at our spacious neighbor's apartment for a while, had a sleepover at "Welita's house" where we are usually treated like royalty, and we saw something that we rarely see around NYC.


Last week while we had our bedroom painted, we had our own little fun out in the hallway of the building. Liam is seen in this video clip "singing" the Sesame Street theme song (what else?). He sometimes goes up an octave every time he starts to sing it again, but he didn't do it for us this time. Not visibly seen is a little Sesame Street guitar (your standard variety noise-maker that requires batteries) that he pretends to play as he sings. (Honestly, that boy is enough to make anyone dizzy sometimes.)



Later that evening, we drove to my mother's apartment in Queens who graciously offered to put us up for the night. I had forgotten just how good I used to sleep there. We all slept like the dead! Note to self: I definitely need to get us a duvet, maybe one for little Liam, too. In the morning, I went to get us a small assortment of Colombian cheesy breads for breakfast to go with the Colombian hot chocolate. On my way back, I spotted two mounted police officers, a rare sight indeed! I thought, "huh, there's something you don't see every day." When I saw them making a turn to go down the block where my mother lives, I immediately called my husband to get Liam to the window so he could see the "horsies". I then decided that I wanted to get a photo, so I start running after them. They obliged, I took the photo and went upstairs. I was greeted at the door by my sweet baby boy and my darling husband laughing his head off. He told me that he saw the mounted police and thought it was pretty cool, but then he saw me running down the block after them and he thought that was just hilarious. He figured that I wanted a photo for the blog, so here it is, New York's finest!

No comments: