Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Homemade pancakes: take two...


A few posts ago I wrote about my bad experience at making pancakes. They were too brown and not at all flavorful. I used the standard boxed mix and I should have known better. The pancakes stuck to the molds, too. It was basically, one inedible mess. My husband and son ate them though because they love pancakes and they are so ridiculously easy to please. They will applaud any and all of my efforts at baking anything sweet or otherwise and they will eat the end product regardless of how bad it turns out. Bless their hearts. Anyway, I had to make it up to them and prove to myself that I could do it. So, I'm happy to say that I redeemed myself.

Here are the pancakes, made from scratch, with a recipe I found on the food blog of one talented baker who used to live in the same neighborhood as we did in Brooklyn. She got it from MyRecipes .com.  We topped them with a pat of butter and warm maple syrup. Oh, and I used molds and a pancake batter "pen" (an exclusive tool that my husband picked up from W.S., though I'm sure a squirt bottle would do just fine).

Ambitious little Liam thought he could actually eat both pancakes. I think he was just excited about the shapes.

  Liam picked out the Jedi Knight’s X-Wing Fighter
and Darth Vader’s™ Tie Fighter

I went with Han Solo’s™ Millennium Falcon ™ 
and daddy had all three (plus Liam's leftovers).


1 comment:

Burkulater said...

We have those cutters! My son loves when I make star wars sandwiches!