Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Five

 
Time has flown by. I know I say it year after year when Liam's birthday rolls around. I can't believe that my sweet baby boy is all of five years old!

He had a birthday party at school, but we have yet to schedule one here at home. Some might think that it's too late since it has been almost two months since his actual birthday, but I am not bothered by it. I will plan it as soon as we have gotten rid of this nasty bout of strep. More on that ordeal on a later post.

 He says that he is five years old at school, but at home he's still four because he hasn't had a party at home yet. Clever how he's reasoned it out. Maybe I should start doing the same for me. Ha!

 
 
 
 
 
On the morning of January 17th, our precious Liam woke up, raced downstairs into the living room, glanced over at a birthday bag sitting on the coffee table containing wrapped presents from Mommy and Daddy and exclaimed, "What kind of a birthday party is this? Where is everybody?" I explained that it was Tuesday morning and that everyone was either at school or work. He opened his presents before Mommy made his birthday cupcakes for school.

 
 My little birthday boy was given his crown and sat together with his classmates for a cupcake celebration (carrot cake cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and chocolate sprinkles) and apple juice.

My darling Liam,
Don't you worry, my little boy, you will have your birthday celebration at home very soon. We just have to get rid of this strep. Also, compared to our tiny apartment in Brooklyn, we do have a little more space in our house. However, I can't guarantee that we will be able to squeeze all your favorite people here though. Your family will show up, of course, because we are just crazy about you, kid!

P.S. Hope you like your new Lego set, special Bey Blades from Japan, first reader books and your Leapster cartridges!

1 comment:

Whirl Winds said...

I can't believe he's 5!!!! What? And the fun memories of his past is a plus!