Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Me time

I promise. This blog isn't all about Liam. I just like to document all of his cuteness so that I can show him later. This little post is about me, well, almost all about me.

A few friends from Church graciously offered to take care of "the Bishopric's children" so that we could all go spend a morning at the Temple. Sigh! Finally, I get to go somewhere without feeling the guilt of leaving my highly energetic toddler with someone who might not be able to handle him.

A morning spent in quiet reflection and prayer at the Temple is just what I needed to recharge my soul and put a lot of things into perspective. I get a chance to really pray for as long as I want without feeling rushed by the need to tend to my little boy. I leave there with a sense of peace, hope, and an added measure of patience and love in my heart, more so than I would leaving Church on any typical Sunday. Most of all, not only do I get some uninterrupted time with my darling husband, I catch a glimpse of our future as an eternal family. That is what life is all about after all, in my humble opinion. Preparing and doing all that is necessary to make it possible to spend the eternities with the ones you love.

(My friend, Melanie)

(A big thank you to Kristin and Ashley for their love and patience in caring for our little ones while we went to the Temple with our hubbies. You're the best. And Kristie, we missed you!)

No comments: