Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Liam's First Day of Pre-school

First day of pre-school September 8, 2011
He had been ready for this day for a very long time. 


We just love how these photos turned out. Bill's getting pretty good at the photography. 

Thumbs up!
(double jointed, just like his mama)

He usually dresses himself, as in, he picks out the clothes he wants to wear, often times putting together the silliest ensemble. This day, he made his selection with very little coercion from me. Considering his wardrobe issues, I had been talking to him for weeks on his wardrobe. We had agreed on jeans and a short-sleeved polo. I assumed he would be wearing his cool-looking Converse sneakers, but despite my pleading with him, he went with the dorky "sneakers and sandals" look. It's just not worth the fight. Anyway, I just really hope he drops that horrid look quickly.

He was happy to walk away from us with nary a look back as soon as the door opened.

Liam's cubby!

 "It doesn't say Liam!" 
(His teacher quickly made him one with the name he goes by.)

Daddy was so happy he could take the day off for Liam's first ever day of school.

We dropped off our humongous bag with the requested supplies, took a quick look around, and left at Liam's request: "You can't be here." My little Leemie..... Mr. Independent..... and here I thought he would be such a clingy little mama's boy for having nursed for so long (three and a half years, people!). Nope. Quite the opposite. I was the one who walked away teary-eyed and cried all the way back home. I probably cried more that day, than when the tree fell on my house. Go figure.

Since he is a January baby and the cut off here in NYC is December, he gets to be the older kid in class. Everyone points out that it is a good thing. I thought he would grow bored, but by all accounts, Liam LOVES school. Whew!

He was absolutely thrilled when he came to the realization that he would be going to school every single day. I must also confess that I am also ever so slightly thrilled about the two and a half child-free hours. Now, what to do with my free time without my little sidekick.....

1 comment:

vdg family said...

Good job! He looks so dapper and confident.